1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My Journey

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jim F, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Jim F

Jim F New Member

Im in Day 8 of the structured program.....Im thouroughly familiar with TMS and I believe 100% I have it....Ive been battling tms for several years and haven't fully resolved my symptoms..Ive read all Dr. Sarno's books....journaled extensively and have even went to tms therapy...all to no avail.....I am making progress with this program and ALan Gordon's TMS recovery program.....Meditation is helping along with me shouting at my brain to knock it off and that I know what its doing.....Wish me luck.....JIM F

Baseball65 likes this.
  2. glennherriott

glennherriott New Member

Good luck Jim. My journal is turning out to be a long one too. Hopefully we'll get there in the end

Baseball65 likes this.
  3. Jim F

Jim F New Member

Thanks Glenn for your support it means a lot...Before I discovered TMS and John Sarno I had been to numerous doctors and nobody could stop the pain. The Pain moved around on me-first very bad chest pain....then it moved to the back --then the legs....Nobody could help me and I was in such despair...I thought I was the only one out there with this problem.....Nobody could comprehend what I was going through...….It was such a relief stumbling onto John Sarno and TMS....I would tell people before that might brain just doesn't work right......It was truly comforting finding this site and realizing Im not alone......This site is really helping me after all these years....Im in day 10 of the structured program and its helping....Im also extremely thankful to Alan Gordon for his knowledge and insight...its truly helping.....What Im doing before that I haven't tried before is meditating... and its truly helping...I listen to the conversations that Alan has had with tms patients and it is helping.....I listen to his conversation he had with Christine over and over again while Im meditating and applying it to my current pain--during the meditation I yell at my brain( out loud and internally) to knock it off - that I know what its doing and why its doing and that its trick and deception have been exposed to me and that I wont be fooled any longer.....I know everyone is different in the best ways to recover from TMS but this is working for me and this makes me for the first time in a very long time soo happy and hopeful of a pain free life.....

Baseball65 likes this.
  4. Jim F

Jim F New Member

Im in day 15 of my structured program and I am making significant process..Im so happy.....I believe the program is working.....and I believe Alan Gordon has been a huge help also...along with the meditation and yelling at my brain during meditation to stop doing what its doing and that im onto its game of distraction and to knock off the shit...….If your reading this and you have pain trust me from a person who was in pain a very long time....You can and will get better if you don't give up and find the proper technique for you....everybody heals in their own way through what works best for them.....keep wishing me luck

Baseball65 likes this.