1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 18 My journey along some emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lydia, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Quite a subject to me, to honestly see and experience what happens, when I close my eyes and speak into my memorecorder to connect with what I feel, while remembering old and traumatic issues. Often a lot of rage pops up, and I see how strong the body sensations are while experiencing this emotion. My face looks like a witch, my eyes are filled with 'hate' as if I am ready to murder somebody right now (-:

And then, after a while, underlying sadness and grief can come out, if it's there. If there is enough space and I am feeling completely safe (read: alone). It surprises me each time, how big this emotion can be. How much and tall it seems, how almost overwhelming, like a huge dark cloud. How much time it needs to show itself completely, too. How unfamiliar I am with this grief.

And... how strong also the mind wants to interfere, and push it down and back again, where it was locked up for all these years. This morning I could see clearly the step-by-step mechanism of surpressing emotion. How it works. How tempting it is to let that happen, and do nothing, just give in.

I am so grateful for that 'seeing-experience'. It helps me to stay on track and believe in TMS.

Pfffff, I am so tired afterwards. There is the big relief that I can experience in my body (with rage less pain in my arms, and with grief more space on the chest, easier breathing) and there is also the exhaustion. I allow myself to take a small nap, and then celebrate the rest of the day the letting go of old shit, and taking care of my body and soul (-:

Have a nice day you all, and I am really curious about your experiences with emotions (-:

Ellen likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lydia. By coincidence, yesterday I came upon an excellent article about the roles that emotions and feelings
    play in our health and they relate importantly to TMS healing. I am going to post the article today for you and all TMSers to consider.