1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My horoscope

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by yb44, Feb 1, 2013.

1. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I read my horoscope in the Sunday paper, more out of habit than anything else. Within seconds I have forgotten what I had just read. Once in while I hit on an interesting one. The above was my horoscope for this past week but could have been written for me at any time. I think it could have been written for quite a few of us on this forum whether we were born under the sign of Aries or not.

I had noticed myself getting quite incensed at work over the last few months about decisions managers were making that were negatively affecting me and others, mainly others. I would listen to colleagues complain. I couldn't tell them what to do, couldn't fix it for them. I could only listen. However I was still getting myself all tensed up. Is it any wonder that just before the Christmas holiday I became ill with a bad virus and started to feel pain again in some of my old sites along with some new ones? I have used self-talk effectively in the past but this time my brain is not taking the hint.

This horoscope is also ironic in that it proposes that I act the way I am trained to act in my job, in my interactions with my client group. Listen, empathise, give them some tools and leave them to create their own solutions. Can I practice what I preach?

There is also a great deal of tension at home. Communication is difficult amongst family members. Much stewing in juices. I would love to fix the situation but it is not within my power to do this. I can only work at fixing myself and leave the others to their own devices, as the horoscope says.

Leslie likes this.