1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My friends success story #1

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by JoelA, Nov 1, 2013.

1. JoelA

JoelA Peer Supporter

Two friends has in a couple of months after being introduced to TMS made remarkable recoveries. They are not on this forum but for all of you out there I'll shortly share them, I'll post the second one in another thread.

A young women, student, RSI and back pain since a few years back. Done all the physio imaginable. She had been told to minimize computer usage and that her hand pain was due to bad ergonomics and she should learn to live with her back. A mutual friend of ours told her that I'd been struggling with similiar symptoms, and he contacted me asking what I did to slowly get better. I introduced her to TMS and told her to get SteveO:s book. She was supersceptical, but since we study the same programme she concluded that there is a slight chance it might work. After all, studying the same thing somehow means that we analyze things in the same way - and since physio didnt she went along with it. This was in april-13. A few months later she contacted me and wrote;

Hey, how are you? Im sitting here working on my computer, just realizing that I dont have the slightest problem with my hands and cant really remember the last time i had it. Its absolutely sick! I am so unbelievable grateful for you introducing me to TMS when I was about to give up hope.

I found this amazing. However, do you know what happened a few weeks later? IBS struck her. She got obsessed with it instead, worried sick of course. I reminded her about symptome imperative and you know what? She is alot better.. again. I believe she has now won the battle and last week she said she is fine and so happy being given another chance.

Forest likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's an great story, Joel, thanks for sharing it.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest, we know about Andrew Miller, a TMS practitioner in Los Angeles.
    He says TMS is a lifelong thing and can come and go and come again.
    The more we believe in it the better and faster we can heal from it.

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I think Andrew Miller is right for the most part, but I also believe the underlying psychological situation that causes TMS can be eliminated if you do some fundamental brain re-engineering. Not so easy, that's true. But I don't think you should ever give up on the possibility of complete recovery.