1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

MY FIRST THREAD

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by richard landry, Apr 24, 2012.

1. richard landry

richard landry New Member

I started Lesson 8 today(4-24-12) I am so impressed with the wisdom & encouragement I find in this program. My question is: Exercising makes my TMS symptoms more intense. Is taking aspirin to releive muscular aches defeating the acceptance of TMS as the cause of pain? This is the very first "thread" I have ever posted. I hope it works OK.

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, Richard!

I think fear of exercise/injury is part of TMS for a lot of people. I still take Tylenol once in a while if I have pain, but when I do I remind myself that it's just providing a temporary relief of the pain while I work on root cause of it (emotions).

:) Veronica

3. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

I still have fear of doing anything physical for fear of hurting myself. I know it's silly, but I still can't make the leap. There is information on the wiki about taking medication for pain, and when you should start to wean. It was one of my first questions since I've been on pain medication for years.

All in all, if you're progressing, then use the aspirin if that helps. Getting going again can produce normal aches and pains.

And welcome to the wiki! Hope you find the structured program as great as I did.

BG

4. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hiya Richard and Welcome to the Wiki,

It may have been your first post, but it was a great post! You ask a very common and good question. As long as you accept the diagnosis and know that the aspirin is going to treat the symptom, not the cause, then there really isn't any problem with taking one. I have heard a couple people say that when they do take medication they tell themselves, This is for the symptom. The cause is due to repressed emotions. I love this and advise anyone starting out to incorporate use it, especially if they are not yet comfortable quitting the pain meds. I tend to think that when our TMS/PPD symptoms increase and become more intense (especially when we are doing the work) it is due to our unconscious mind trying to get us to switch our focus back to our symptoms.

6. richard landry

richard landry New Member