1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bruce is today's host. Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 My Big Ego

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KathyC, Jan 9, 2013.

1. KathyC

KathyC Peer Supporter

Even though I have been journaling sporadically for more than 6 days, this is my 6th post, so I'm calling it day 6. I find that when I write about troubling emotions, I ask myself: ".....and then what would happen?......and then what would happen?......and then what would happen?" over and over. It leads me to some real answers about why I fret and worry so much or get so upset about things. It always leads me back my self image, my persona.....it's about saving face. If I ask what's the worst thing that could happen, it's not about being homeless, being penniless, or cold and hungry, it's about what would people think of me if I was that big of a loser. My gosh, I waste so much energy keeping up appearances. I haven't got it all sorted out yet, but I'm getting there.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

You will get there. You have so many new insights already.