1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My 3 Year Journey of Healing

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Velvet_Hidden, Feb 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

Hi I made this thread to share my story of healing...

I dealt with severe back pain for 3 years (2014-2017) age(22-25).. During the course of that time
    I tried several things in attempts to alleviate my pain...

- Muscle Relaxers
    - Aspirin
    - Epson Salt Baths
    - Grounding
    - Acupuncture
    - Soaking in Thermal Water
    - Yoga
    - Stretching
    - Alternative Massage Treatments
    - Chiropractor adjustments
    - Physical Therapy

Nothing recommended by the medical physicians worked for me... My pain was so severe at one time to the point I was limping and experienced a failed suicide attempt in hopes of ceasing my pain for good.... I had to quit working outside and transition to working from home in order to make ends meet... Over the course of time my pain left me laying on the floor daily as it moved around and made it hard to sleep on a mattress or sit in any chair..... By late 2016 I discovered Dr. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain Book". I fit the personality type who get's TMS .... people pleaser, emotional re-presser etc... I did the 42 day structured program on the tmswiki after reading and re-reading the book.....Since that time I've been pain free for 3 years! I've shared my experience in all of this on youtube in a 7 part playlist series...

I also began a daily audio series posting a video daily reading aloud my written story of my journey healing and sharing my experiences which led me to discover my back pain was psychosomatic.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLExJiCUYtphIsdrYh6Md_z5-OMjq5u7V- (Back Pain HEALED My Experience - YouTube)

I hope my story serves as an inspiration to anyone currently seeking to move past their TMS symptoms :)

God Bless

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    BinLA, TG957, Deanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Lars

Lars New Member

Hi Orlando,
    Thanks for your succes story, very inspirational.
    I watched all 7 parts of your story on youtube, it was nice to watch.

Best wishes,

Velvet_Hidden likes this.
  3. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

Thank you for watching, I appreciate your kind words :)
    Best Wishes to you as well man!

Lars likes this.
  4. Cyclist2020

Cyclist2020 Newcomer

Thanks, Orlando. Really appreciate you sharing your story and providing hope to others.

Velvet_Hidden likes this.