1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 my 1st day with a brief description

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nanna, Jan 27, 2013.

1. nanna

nanna New Member

good morning :) this is my 1st day here. I have no doubt that my pain in tms.going to make a long story as short as possible. I had a mild heart attack 9 months ago to which i don't currently see to be the main stresser here but, the reaction to the medications they had me on. The grocery list of problems caused by the meds is far to long to list. My belief is that the reaction was so bad that I developed tms due to these reactions. After discontinueing all medications, except for asprin most all of the symptoms went away, but i then developed anxiety. I wasn't aware at the time what it was, but soon found out through my chiropractor that stress was my new enemy.I found myself stressing over possible severe rebound effects due to discontinueing a couple of the medications. I made it through the 90 day rebound period and thought it would be over as there was no need to fear any longer, only to find that my mind was in hyper mode and just did not want to shut down. now that I am aware of the fact that stress is my main problem I find that I am unable to get to the core of the problem. I have beat the anxiety down to minor but still have trouble sleeping and wake up to all of my muscles crawling in attempt to tense leaving me to deal with back, shoulder and chest pains, I have tried all the obvious treatments and get temporary relief but it never last more than a day. I am praying that this program and all the wonderful people on here will be just what the dr ordered. I look forward to getting to know you all and getting to know the new and improved me:)

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hi Nanna and welcome. How did you learn about TMS?

Fear can indeed be crippling.

3. nanna

nanna New Member

Hi Lori, I found this group while serving the net trying to find ways to access my subconcious. I am pretty sure this is the route of all my troubles but being able to reprogram is the hard part.

4. Lori

Lori Well known member

Yes it takes time. Are you reading Dr. Sarno's books--other books? It takes time for this information to sink in, and to undo all the conditioning from the medical community. Yet reprogramming is indeed possible!

Best wishes for healing.

5. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welome Nanna,
    You will learn so much about yourself. You are on the right path.

6. nanna

nanna New Member

Sandyrae, you are spot on as im quickly finding out. As I lay here this morning meditating I started to think back as to were things all started. I'm sure they all started as a child with an extreamly traumatic situation that continued in my life til the age of 12. I believe I learned early on with the help of my mother to.deal with what happened, but in the same token I come to realize this morning that this is where I learned so well to suppress my emotions. In realizing this I also realized that I showed absolutely no emotion when I had my heart attack. I carried on as if nothing was happening to me through out the entire time I was having it and there after. I didn't want to scare my family and put them in the position of needing to fear and worry about me. Even as I lay in my hospital bed waiting to be wheeled into the cath room I was calm holding back all of my fears. So without a doubt I am learning alot about myself and in only 3 days into this program. My question now is, how do I learn to allow the fear back into my life without bring on anxiety as this has since been my deamon

7. Stella

Stella Well known member

I see my angry emotions as being similar to an iceberg. A very very small portion is actually on the surface/awareness of my mind. A large portion is pushed inside my body as pain.

As Dr. David Clarke says "children of abuse or neglect sometimes learn to control their feelings so effectvely, they feel almost nothing." This has been true for me but has been completely out of my awareness.

I have a big problem with anxiety. Didn't know it because I have lived with it all my life. Meditation, exercise and journaling has made a huge difference in helping me cope.

You will find help here. Sandy

nanna likes this.