1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Moving symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, May 24, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Moving symptoms are a crucial part of my latest TMS. I have been experiencing pain in low, upper back, left neck, right neck, legs, back of my head, stomach, face, anxiety, panic attacks, dizziness, vertigo...coming in two or three at a time. It seems like the main point is the back of my head with the rest being a secondary symptom. TMS is different for everyone so I guess this is normal for where I am in my life at the moment and what I have been experiencing. yesterday I had a really funny aha moment. I said to myself "oh wait, so the symptoms I have now don't want me to think about the trip next week because I'm afraid how is going to turn out, the brain is protecting me, that's interesting and fascinating at the same time". It was a revelation. But the thing is. I have been saying this to myself for so many years, I know the story behind TMS, why did it take so long for it to sink in like I never understood it before?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The upcoming trip may very well be causing your symptoms. Try to be positive about the trip. Tell yourself it is going to make things better.

3. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Hi Walt, actually as I discovered it wasn't the trip itself that was causing the symptoms it was the person who I'm going to meet. I'm basically talking at a conference and I didn't get a confirmation until yesterday, so I was frustrated and angry about how other people are unorganised. And if they haven't confirmed I would have to cancel the trip which made me sad since I really wanted to go. Trips really help me to feel better, paradoxically. I really enjoy travelling for work, but journaling made me aware of the real cause of my anger.