1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Moving symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by adam88, Feb 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. adam88

adam88 Newcomer

I have had so many odd symptoms moving around that I am becoming more convinced I have TMS. Since I started considering TMS about 2 weeks ago, ive noticed symptoms moving alot. It seems as soon as I start feeling positive or start feeling like a symptom is resolving, a new one pops up. For example, I was getting this odd burning nerve pain in my upper back that seemed to move around my upper back and not be triggered by any motion (would only last a few seconds a time). It started to improve, and then a bad jaw pain appeared. It was right on my cheekbone, I would feel it for a few seconds, then it would go, and happen maybe 20 times an hour. Today I noticed both these symptoms were much better (frequency decreased). Then I started getting a similar intermittent pain, but in my right shoulder closer to my arm. I have had bloodwork, abdominal ultrasound, chest xrays, thoracic spine xrays and all were clear. Can anyone relate to this? Interestingly all my pains have a similar quality. They all last for 2 -10 seconds, go away, then re-appear several times an hour.

2. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

Very common. I think the majority of people with TMS like symptoms experience this. For Sarno this was the symptom imperative and it fits in with his Freudian thesis. Even if you consider the symptoms to be psychosomatic but reject/have doubts about this aspect of his theory it is still perfectly understandable and explainable by physical anxiety and the subsequent somatic amplification that this inevitably leads to. This link may help...

http://anxietynetwork.com/panic-symptom-shifting (panic symptom shifting | The Anxiety Network)

3. Jules

Jules Well known member

This is classic TMS. I sometimes will have pain move around to six differen't placed in a single day and even an hour. When the pain moves, you've got it on the run. Mine has been moving around for years, so pyschotherapy is needed for me, since I still have the dumb pain - though not as bad as I used to.

Just know, this is a good thing.

4. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes this is a universal experience! Although my original TMS pain has basically gone away, I occasionally get a weird foot pain that I immediately identify as TMS...it goes away soon enough but sticks around just long enough to annoy me a bit. You're on the right track :)

5. Bex1111

Bex1111 New Member

I'm 6 weeks in and, I know this is an old post but my symptoms are moving around loads . Like every few minutes its face pain , shoulder pain , noes pain , cheek, ....and intense