1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Moving Pains

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jokeysmurf, Apr 9, 2018.

1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

I went for a 2mile run in the morning and then a 6mile bike ride in the evening. It's the amount I used to exercise before TMS.

I had little amounts of fear here and there but once I got going it felt great. The sun on my face, with its warmth and to feel hot and sweaty felt like a miracle, since I used to avoid heat. As Dr. Weekes has stated when you're too sensitized anything seems like a big ordeal.

These moments come up through the day, I lean into the feelings and they pass rather quickly so far. Mornings are still a challenge but I have hope they will change in time. For large parts of the day I feel like my old self.

Strangely I've been having small pains, that are moving around rather quickly, my hand, middle of my back, shoulder, forehead, lower back, pelvic and right foot. They last about 1min and then move. I read about others stating this exact phenomenon, they said it's a good sign to have it on the run.

I'll keep on the program, keep leaning into feelings and changing my fear response. It feels good to have those large moments of my old self. It's making me glad I've been patient with myself.

Journaling: still same fears of letting go of the old and uncertainty

Lizzy likes this.
  2. Durga

Durga Peer Supporter

Encouraging! Thanks

3. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Even in the moments of pain I witness the miracle that is life. I acknowledge that it's not perfect, it's still bursting with all the same goodness it had before TMS.

I once read that bravery is born out of weakness. I think a lot of us have felt both. Things do get better :)