1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Mostly cured!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by SB, May 14, 2013.

1. SB

SB Peer Supporter

Thanks to the creators of this program, I consider myself mostly cured by Day 30 (although I did the 30 days at a leisurely pace spread out over 72 actual days). :D

My scapula pain is usually gone, and it sometimes returns only in a small way (and in a way that I believe is just TMS flaring up). Other TMS symptoms have flared up and are now more bothersome than the scapula currently is (yep, typical TMS substitution!), but it's temporary and manageable, and I plan to journal more (and maybe finish out the program) to nuke these substituting symptoms.
    I can easily say that learning about TMS has been one of the most inspiring and empowering undertakings of my life.

If you remember my story, it's quite remarkable how good and how hopeful I feel right now, comparatively.

Thanks for your help! I am very grateful.

Seraphina, G.R., mousemom and 3 others like this.
  2. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

Wow! This is great! So incredibly encouraging, I'm glad you've made such amazing progress:) And congratulations to you for recognizing the right pace for your optimum healing. I think that is where many of us struggle, especially at the beginning. We see 37 day programs and 6 weeks to this and 8 weeks to that and our brain says 'ok, in 48 days I will be all better...no wait, that's not good enough...I'll do the work of 2 or more days at a time and I'll be better even faster' and then we get worse because we've approached it with the same 'to do list' mentality and all it's associated pressures that got us here in the first place!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Congrats! I had that same empowering feeling when I learned about TMS. It sounds like you did everything at your own pace, which is so important. It is not about rushing through everything or focusing on doing everything to the T. Recovering from TMS is about letting the information sink into your unconscious and finding ways to think psychologically. Thanks for posting this update. You are an inspiration :D

4. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

What wonderful news-I feel so pleased for you. Enjoy every moment!

5. cindy

cindy New Member

Congratulations!

6. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

I'm glad you mentioned that you did 30 days spread over 72 as I was getting a little concerned about keeping up with it everyday. Glad your feeling better.

7. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

This x2!

I was a little worried I might not be doing it properly. This makes me feel better haha.

Well done SB!

8. Richsimm22

Yeah you kinda think I haven't had time to read that success story or do the journal! Am I doing it right? Or often enough or long enough. Am I picking the right emotions etc etc? I guess you have to do your own pace as long as its contistent and sometimes less is more.

braden101 likes this.
  9. Richsimm22

Is there anything i can be doing when im getting on with day to day life? For instance when i ride to work or on a car journey how and what should i be thinking about rather that the pain? Im just thinking of ways i can be using my time well when i have time to think but not time to sit and read a tms book or write a journal if you see what i mean?

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Richsimm22. When you ride to work or drive somewhere, take your mind off your pain by distracting it with music or a tape
    recording of meditation or affirmations. I like to play relaxing classical CDs in the car, and also have a cassette recording of a
    hypnotist giving a relaxation session. The forums are a place to find examples of relaxation CDs and cassettes or look for them in a google search.

It would help, though, if you could find even a little time each day to work on TMS reading or journaling.

11. Richsimm22

Thanks walt great advice. I always make time for tms reading or journaling. Was just after that extra boost when going about everyday stuff. ill have a look at what you suggested. Nice one!

12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I like listening to upbeat CDs or tapes while driving. It feels like a friend is in the car feeding me
    good thoughts and encouragement. I don't feel alone.

At stop lights, I give myself a yoga "valley point" massage... use the thumb and index finger of one hand
    to massage the fleshy place between the thumb and index of the other hand. It's very relaxing.
    I like saying an affirmation mantra while massaging and switching hands.

13. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

Hi Richsimm22, I have Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain on three CDs. I find it helpful to listen to them while in the car. I think we all just need the repetition and because it is his voice it reinforces it even better.

Richsimm22 likes this.
  14. Richsimm22

Thanks for that. Funnily enough only yesterday I managed to get hold of the audio for healing back pain so im gonna listen in the car and on my headphones when im riding to work. I find I learn better through video or audio.

15. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Great, Richsimm. I think many of us learn better through video or audio. The old saying,
    "a picture if worth a thousand words." Steve Ozanich said he "got it better" listening to Sarno's audio
    than in reading his books.

16. Richsimm22

Yeah ive read healing back pain but id rather listen to the audio next time round.

17. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

I am so happy for you!!!!