1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 13 most helpful thread that made me realize TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by keenie82, Sep 6, 2018.

1. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

There was a girl on one of the forums that was having an overactive bladder for at least a year, and she had fears she had a UTI, IC, or imbedded infection. I could really relate to her posts. This is what made me realize we were very similar and that I was having TMS bladder related issues.

~

Fear is feeding TMS and even more bladder related TMS. You might remember the moments before an exam, when you have to pee all the time. Well, this is how the autonomous nerve system influences the bladder. So, the more you relax, the better you will feel. If it is TMS, you will have to start finding out what the psychological reasons are that you developed this kind of nerve reaction (and it is nothing more than that!). There is the free program here on the website by Allan Gordon and there are other resources, for example Howard Schubiner book on “Unlearn your pain”.
    It’s possible to be pain free and not to be a slave of one’s bladder!

~

So I have good days and days that are not as great. Having the good days though makes me realize how much this is TMS because the 'bad days' pop up under times of emotional stress. It is my new reaction to stress. Whereas before I would have intense anxiety with say 'intrusive thoughts, going #2 lots...' now my reaction is to feel like I have to pee.

Time2be likes this.
  2. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Good for you! You are absolute right about the bladder and anxiety relation. Wonderful that you have found the evidence you need to heal.