1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 17 Most Helpful Part of SEP

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Rajput21, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Rajput21

Rajput21 Peer Supporter

What part of this program do you find the most helpful?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

My belief in this program stands against actual, real pain. If my belief is a weapon, then the years of pain conditioning are multiple foes. It can be hard to really stand my ground at times. Which is why the most helpful part of this program is the feedback and success stories I get from the community. At times a person can be made to feel very small, fighting pain with a belief that can be, well hard to believe in. Just as the pain is real, so are you people. I wasn't getting anywhere with the TMS concept until I found this forum and the SEP program. Now it's like I'm getting better weapons and some backup while the pain foes start to slowly dwindle in number.

JanAtheCPA and Becca like this.
  2. Becca

Becca Well known member

So, so true. It never ceases to amaze me, how powerful peer support is. I honestly don't have anything else to say, because you really said it all (and so eloquently, too!)...I guess I felt this warranted a reply, rather than just a "like" ! We are lucky to have you in this community, too :)

JanAtheCPA and Rajput21 like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Ditto, everything that Becca said! Rajput, you're a great addition!

Jan

Rajput21 likes this.
  4. Rajput21

Rajput21 Peer Supporter

Sincerely, thank you!

5. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you hit the nail right on the head, Rajput, when you emphasize the conditioned nature of TMS pain. It does take a great deal of belief in yourself to deconstruct the self-imposed conditioning that generates pain symptoms. You're right too about the support from a group: it objectifies your situation and gives you a new perspective on your situation. You sound like, to paraphrase Steve Ozanich, you're really getting it. Great to have you here!

BruceMC

Rajput21 likes this.