1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Most disheartening thing a doctor has ever said

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Edward, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Edward

Edward Peer Supporter

Well when I first started getting the pains I was told it was RSI. This was nearly ten years ago. I was a young teen. Everyone I talked to said it was physically based. They said I needed to improve my posture and technique when it comes to guitar and writing. Which I did try and do. I remember going to an Alexander Technique class for violin when I was 14 or 15 and I told them I had RSI and they said quite sternly and that it was up to me to sort that out and that they couldn't help. That got me pretty upset. It was as if I had no one that was able to help me and also guys who were supposed to be experts on a musicians posture didn't even know what to do. If they didn't know how was I supposed to know? Later on I was told by one of my Dads old G.F (feldonkrais practitioner) that most people who have RSI have to learn to live with it. That got me a bit upset as well cause I thought am I going to be stuck with this my whole life!? Later on in life a doctor told me that because of my hip I'm probably not going to be able to do everything everyone else could at Karate. I guess when it comes down to it the worse things that have upset me most have been said by me i.e I'm never going to be able to play guitar because of this pain! I can't do these stances because my body is damaged etc! Theres something seriously wrong with you. I can't do this because it hurts.

Stella likes this.