1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Morning Stiffness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Shajarcito, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Shajarcito

Shajarcito Peer Supporter

Hi all,
    I'm a 35 years old guy, and I have multiple TMS symptoms - from physical to mental.
    It all came up gradually during the last year with no medical findings (done lot of tests).
    I have read Sarno's book and almost finish the SEP here on this site, and In a way I'm a little better than I used to be months ago.
    However there is one symptom that is constant all the time and is still making me frustrated -
    Morning joint & muscle stiffness of my upper body (ribs, shoulders, chest and upper back).
    Its an uncomfortable feeling that lasts for at list 1-2 hours and sometimes continues during the whole day. It flares up at night sometimes as well.
    I do the Tms work - journaling on daily basis, sometimes listen to Clair Weeks' audios and reassure myself with my TMS evidence sheet.
    However this Fibromyalgia or AS symptoms are still there, badly..
    so I would welcome any advice or success story about this terrible symptom (there is no such a particular reference for this under the success stories section here in the forum).
    I read some fibro stories and it helped a bit but they mostly focus on the pain issues rather than the morning stiffness..
    Is it caused by night or morning stress/repressed emotions? or something else?
    My nights are mostly unpleasant and anxious, waking up several times, with dreams and sometimes nightmares..
    Hope to hear from ya,
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Boston Redsox and Shajarcito like this.
  3. Shajarcito

Shajarcito Peer Supporter

Hi again,
    I just started reading your book lately, so now I know it deals with stiffness too - great.
    Thanks

TG957 likes this.