1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

More symptoms when under the weather?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by atticusk93, Oct 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. atticusk93

atticusk93 Newcomer

I'm starting to get sick, and my symptoms (rsi in wrists/forearms) are much more persistent today. Thanks to this therapy, I'm really not too worried about it, although it is a bit uncomfortable.

My question is, are your symptoms more intense when you're sick? Is this heightened sensation normal??

Thanks

A

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I think anything that triggers your nervous system can increase your symptoms. We never really know what is going on in our subconscious, so you may actually have some fear - but you don't feel it - maybe for a few reasons. Maybe you aren't afraid. Maybe your subconcious has some fear but you don't "feel" it in the way you expect to feel fear, what you feel is a bit of elevated symptom. And perhaps you do feel some fear but it's not at your usual level so it's harder to observe. Another characteristic of most of us with TMS is that our "operating system" is just a level of anxiety and or fear that we are used to and feel is normal but to another person it might be very noticeable. The good thing is, none of this matters much and none of it is any big deal! I do give little things like this the general acknowledgement that "something" is raising the nervous system... so I remind myself I'm fine, there is nothing to fear (maybe once) and then think about the kindnesses one generally offers themselves when they feel under the weather. Instead of pushing through everything, I just slow down. In a day or two everything seems to settle down, even if I am sick.

Hope you feel better soon!

JanAtheCPA likes this.