1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Meditation reminders

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Moose, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Moose

Moose Peer Supporter

Hi there! I noticed early on in the SEP there's an introduction to mindfulness meditation, however there's not really any mention of it in the program after that point (or at least not up to day 24, which I'm on). I think it might be a good idea to have regular reminders to do relaxation exercises/meditation throughout the program, particularly as I like having all the things I need to do that day laid out in one place like that. Perhaps you could also provide different meditations/relaxation exercises as you go through the program, the same way that you have different journalling tenchniques sprinkled throughout, so people can try different things and see what works for them. I know that there's already lots of info about meditation on the wiki, but I like being specifically reminded and prompted to do a little bit each day. I think it could be helpful to some people :)

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

That's a great idea, Moose. We just need a volunteer to help do that - editing the wiki is not that hard!

I happened to be reading Walt's post where he reminds us of how simple it is to do a quick meditation any time during the day. I kind of think it would be the perfect thing as you're suggesting.

Jan

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's the spirit! I'm eager to get more people involved in updating and improving the SEP. We don't want to add too much to it, but I think that this would be a great addition.

One thing I'm interested in doing is having optional things be part of the program. Some people might like meditation, but others won't, so perhaps the meditation reminders could be optional. Choosing which optional things to do and which ones to skip could be an opportunity to practice self-compassion, which could be a learning opportunity. I like the idea of adding optional things.

I don't have time to work on it myself, but I'll try to bring it to the attention of people who are in a spot where they are ready to volunteer. Thanks for the feedback!

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle