1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Meditating

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jentx123, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Jentx123

Jentx123 Newcomer

Tried the "body scan" meditation technique today and it went well! It's similar to something I used years ago when I had insomnia. I did it reclining a bit on the bed instead of sitting in a chair, with a heating pad on my back. The warmth helps to relax me because I get so cold this time of year, especially in my hands. It did make me feel relaxed and helped me be in the present moment -something I have a lot of trouble with since I have a fair amount of anxiety. Between this and today's session with my therapist this morning I hope I can have a good day.

Stella likes this.
  2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Jen. I'm glad the body scan technique worked well for you. That's one of the things I most appreciate about the SEP-- it introduces us to so many great resources. Don't be afraid to try new things; some will work well for you and some won't, but you won't know until you take a chance on them!