1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Medication Dliemma!!!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Nate, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Nate

Nate Peer Supporter

Hi all i have a slight dilemma! About a week before i started the structured program i went to the docs as i was extreme pain and he pescribed me mobic. It def did help but was still sore while walking and moving about since starting the program i am believing more and actually starting to feel better especially today (day 3) so heres my dilemma! I found myself thinking is it the mobic or is it the program and my new way of thinking helping relieve the pain??? Rational would tell me that a drug would be at full strength within a few days yet i seem to be still getting better each day! Of course i plan on stopping the mobic asap but it scares me a bit! Is it heping or is my brain becoming so cunning as to give me more reasons to believe its not TMS and that its actually a real problem! I guess i will never know if I dont try but then will the pain return because its a real structural problem or because my brain makes me believe it is ! (TMS) Its def a vicious cycle as you can imagine! I actually had prednisone a month ago and it didnt really help. I would think that prednisone would be stronger than mobic therefore leaving me to believe that its the TMS! Another question has anyone ever thought of clever ways to stop meds while on the TMS program?? I would love for you share with me if so. Thanks and talk soon :) :) P.S tomorrow will be my first day back at the gym in a long time! wish me luck! lol

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Personally, I think it's ok to use meds to relieve the pain while you're working on the TMS program, especially if not hurting makes it easier for you to do the mental exercises. I've had the same experience with Prednisone: Sure made me hyper and run the vacuum cleaner a lot, but didn't really have much effect on my back pain or sciatica in my left leg.