1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

MBS MINDBODY SYNDROME SEMINAR WITH DR. SCHUBINER

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), May 18, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

For a comprehensive discussion on TMS causing pain, these four videos
    by Dr. Howard Schubiner, each about 10 minutes long, tell the full stor
    and attribute the causes of symptoms to TMS as described by Dr. Arno.

The first video tells what TMS is and that we should accept its pain as psychosomatic
    and not structural.

My own experience is that my father had lower back pain (in the 1930s it was
    diagnosed as "lumbago," and my mother had frequent migraine headaches.
    Neither knew about TMS back then, but I am certain their pains were stress-related
    from financial difficulties which most people were having during the Great Depression
    and which they are probably having today from similar stresses.

The second video is about whiplash, which is called an epidemic today in America but is
    not even present in some other countries.

Dr. Schubiner says in this country doctors prescribe pain killers and bed rest, while in other countries they say nothing is wrong structurally and advice people with the neck or back symptoms to go resume their normal activities which include going back to work.

The third and fourth videos are about nonmuscular skeletal disorders that are also
    stress and mind issues.

Dr. Schubiner cites examples of a woman who suffered severe stomach maladies who,
    through TMS discovery, realized they were caused by guilt. She had had to hasten her
    dying husband's death in order to relieve his pain. And a man said he felt fine until a
    friend told him about being depressed and suicidal, and the man listening had to run to
    the bathroom with a severe allergy attack. When he realized that just listening to the
    friend's tale of woe, the attack came on, and when he thought about that, the attack
    went away.

These four videos are like a short video course in TMS knowledge as we learn in
    the books of Dr. John Sarno and Steve Ozanish's The Great Pain Deception.

Most doctors today do not even suggest that physical pain can be caused by our
    emotions, but Dr. Schubiner gives us a clear explanation of how wrong them can be
    and how we can heal ourselves, without medication of surgery.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    Enrique likes this.
  2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Need to post the Schubiner videos here, Walt. Think I've watched them all before quite a few times. Or is your introduction going to appear before the Schubiner videos in the new video library?

Forest would know for sure, but I believe Dr Schubiner blames TMS on "programmed pain pathways" whereas according to Dr Sarno's "classical" TMS theory, the pain is due to slightly reduced oxygen delivery to nerves, tendons, and muscles (ischemia):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ischemia

This Wiki entry cites egregious examples of ischemia, not the low-level oxygen debt that Dr Sarno says causes TMS pain.

I understand there is an internal debate within the TMS scientific community over which view of the origins of TMS is the correct one. I gather at this point there is no direct evidence for the programmed pain pathways theory, but reduced oxygen has been measured in the tissues of lower back pain patients. Sounds as though the jury is still out on which view is correct, but in both cases, repressed emotions still seem to be the driving force behind the appearance of TMS symptoms.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    Enrique likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

i tried to post the videos but couldn't. I'll ask Becca's help.