1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Making progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ruby, Feb 9, 2013.

1. ruby

ruby New Member

I am finding relief from my upper back pain. I have heard people describe it as the feeling of glass under their skin. I always described it as my upper back feeling "raw". I started my study of TMS about a month ago. I read Dr. Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain - The Mind Body Connection and now I am reading Dr. Scott Bradey's book, Pain Free for Life. I am also working through the TMS Structured Education Program. Once I understood and accepted the theory of TMS My pain started to subside. I can say that today that "feeling of glass under my skin" is completely gone. I still have other symptoms that need to be addressed......

2. SB

SB Peer Supporter

Interesting. I have pain in my right scapula... sounds like it is different from your "glass" feeling though. Mine just hurts. Occasionally, it switches to my left scapula. When I noticed that, it was a major clue that whatever the cause of the pain was wasn't straightforward. (This was before I heard of TMS.) TMS must be what it is, but I haven't conquered my scapula pain yet. Reading The Mindbody Prescription made other symptoms go away (wrists, fingers, elbows, etc). I started this program 8 days ago to see if I could address my scapula and other remaining symptoms. I'm reading Brady's book too! Best of luck! :D

3. ruby

ruby New Member

Thanks.. I also have scapula pain on the left side that at times goes down to my waist. I am working on resolving it. I am confident with some work I can make it go away. Keep up the good work and good luck to you,

4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Hey, Ruby,
    How are you doing? I want to encourage you with the program.
    G.R.