1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 19 Makes me proud?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ikiwismet, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ikiwismet

ikiwismet New Member

At first nothing came to mind when I pondered if something I had done since starting the program made me proud. Then I realized that what I had undertaken was profoundly difficult work.

My therapist, who is not a TMS therapist, has said that I am quite courageous in taking this on. She looked at the program and said that it seemed like good work, but that she wasn't qualified to help me in it. It was as she put it barebones no defenses psychology. I have already done a lot over a couple of decades. When I started I was deeply depressed, had no affect, and would take an extraordinary amount of time before answering the simplest question about how I felt. I'm now free of depression and can know what I am feeling.

Specifically the program's structured journaling, and delving into past events (I've come up with quite a few considering how little I remember of my childhood) has already brought me to a more direct experience of my emotional state and through that the possibility of getting my TMS under control.

So I guess what I'm proud of is just being willing to do the work.

ssxl4000 and JanAtheCPA like this.