1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

low testosterone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Feb 17, 2018.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

so in 2016 i went to an endocrinologist because i felt low test symptoms. and it turned out i had low t but since i was 24she wont treat me. fast forward to 2018 i still have low t. i know this is hormone stuff but my symptoms are not good. im a student, stressed, got anxiety, and i had anorexia in the past (stress and this might actually have broken my test and libido) right now i feel mentally tired and dont know what to do. i went to an urologist and he sent me to take clomid 50 mg every other day for one month to see what happens. i truly dont like how he treated me. first he dispatched me fast and talked too fast and second i have a super high (79) SHGB and clomid clearly raises this so i dont know why he put me on clomid if the shgb raises, test will lower? anyways, right now im at a point that i dont know what to do. right now im 25 and dont want to go trt for this. in the past i made a mistake with diet and constantly overthinking things and worrying a lot. i dont know if i want to keep clomid or just stop and try it naturally. but i dont see any successful stories for treating t naturally

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Stevew7,

If you think this is TMS related you have to gather your evidence for this: your personality, your history, medical "non-findings," etc.

I think you also have to do more "doctor work" to get another opinion, come to more clarity from the medical side.

You're anxious, you have ideas about what "should happen." None of it sounds life-threatening. I encourage you to find ways to soothe yourself, and slowly investigate. The truth will come, without urgency, I think.

Andy B

Dorado, Ewok2 and stevow7 like this.
  3. stevow7

thanks a lot. i will be searching for another docter for sure and try to relax and see if i can increase testosterone with meditation

4. Ewok2

Ewok2 Peer Supporter

I have female pelvic pain and a doctor once tested my hormones and my testosterone was virtually non-existent, very low. Less of an issue for a female but still not good apparently. I was also low on progesterone. So I was given bio-identical hormones. They did nothing for my issues. So they wanted to play with the doses but I ended up not going back because the doctor really did seem to be just ‘playing’ around with different treatments without much knowledge in the area. And I figured that my hormones were low as a result of my pain/tension/tms, not the cause. I agree that I would get a second opinion on this one from a medical doctor. I also remember researching a lot of natural ways to raise test. like lifting weights etc.

5. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

Your issue is more common than you think. Regarding the stress and anxiety, I'm not sure which is the chicken or the egg. He gave you clomid because there's not much else to try before going on TRT. Similar to how 99% of doctors are ignorant towards TMS, so are docs regarding the most modern TRT treatments. Read up on www.excelmale.com. You will get the advice needed.

6. stevow7

hello! i have a question, when you say get a second opinion. does that mean i should put on hold what my doctor told me to do (take the pills) until i check for next doctor? im suppost to check again after one month.

7. stevow7

wow thanks a bunch! i do however have so many doubts about clomid. my SGHB is high (79) and the doctor told me to do 50 mg clomid EOD which to me seems extremely high + nothing to lower e2 (he didnt mentioned anything, no protocol, nothing on what to do, do a restart or anything.) i was a bit pissed about not telling me anything for what to do (future), because he said i was the youngest one he treated in his life and it was strange. now my thyroid seems to be healthy. the only thing i could see wrong is my daily anxiety and stress. to be honest, i dont know if i even want to try clomid. suggestions? when you say theres not muchelse to try, you mean i can actually do this naturally? treating it as tms? i asked him if i could do it naturally, he said nahunless i was fat.

8. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

I don't believe my hormone issues are TMS. Fixing them brought my anxiety from a 10 to a 6. It was profound, but there was more going on.

I mean if clomid does not work for you, you will end up on TRT. Yes, you can add in hcg and other ancillaries, but clomid is the main way a restart is usually done. It's rarely successful, but people have had success. You need to seek out a very good doc. Lots of recommendations on the site I listed. You kinda need to educate yourself and direct your own treatment if you want to get this sorted quickly. The high shbg issue is sometimes related to liver issues, but sometimes that's just the way it is. TRT isn't the end of the world. It's not that expensive, a small hassle, and you feel so much better. Your cardiac health will improve as well.

9. Ewok2

Ewok2 Peer Supporter

Yeah, I would. If you’re uncomfortable with he treatment, then don’t do it. See what the second doctor says. But I still wonder if the low T isn’t secondary rather than the cause.

10. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes!!!!! Great report, and confirms what we know and feel about self-healing.
    Andy

Dorado likes this.
  11. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

I can’t say I’ve had documented hormonal irregularities, but this makes sense to me. Thank you for sharing - I’m glad she’s feeling better!