1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

losing hope

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by nowa, Jan 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nowa

nowa Peer Supporter

I am in despair a the moment, because of lack of sleep. I have been prone to insomnia ever since I came off Ativan (a benzodiazepine) in 1989 after 30 years use, and have also been super sensitive to any meds ever since.

So it was disastrous when, last DECEMBER, I had to go in to hospital for two emergency laparotomies for a blocked bowel, because when I came off the prescribed pain killers (OPIODS) in March, after only 2 month's use, my sleep deteriorated, and unfortunately, for the last month it has been almost non existent.

I read the great pain disaster at the end of October last year, and felt hopeful for the first time for years that my long list of symptoms, would end eventually, but I am now so anxious that i have lost hope, and cannot envision life without them.

So any advice about the insomnia would be gratefully received, because I feel that if I could ever get a good night's sleep, hope would return.