1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for that awesome video clip...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by birder, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. birder

birder Well known member

Okay, the ol' brain has been working so hard feeling those emotions that it can't remember where I saw the video clip of a doc describing how to absorb positive memories. He said negative ones are easily taken in and stored, but it takes effort and deliberation to do the same with positive stuff. I loved it and use it daily. Can anyone refresh my memory or find the link?

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like Rick Hanson to me :)

Original post here:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/the-final-leg-need-tips.18154/#post-96490 (The Final Leg: Need Tips)

There's loads of his stuff on youtube and I link to his weekly newsletter at the end of my story. It's called Just One Thing and every week he offers something positive and practical to help with the cultivation of well-being.

Hope this is the stuff you were looking for.

Plum x

birder likes this.
  3. birder

birder Well known member

It IS! Thank you!!!!

plum likes this.
  4. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

This was so amazing!

birder and plum like this.
  5. birder

birder Well known member

It is - especially for someone (like me) who tends to get stuck in negative circular thinking. Every day now I look for a moment I can use for my "good moment." This morning, it was the exquisite flavor of my chocolate chip pancake :)