1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a therapist deep into meditation to help with my TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Btirey, May 9, 2018.

1. Btirey

Btirey Newcomer

Im suffering from TMS and I'm having trouble finding the source. I have done deep meditations and recently started exploring hour and a half sessions of sensory depravation tanks to discover what could be causing this pain mentally but I'm not coming up with much. My theory is it might be super deep in my subconscious or so shallow that its in everything I do all day I just don't realize it. Thats the best I have come up with, Im starting to think I need to get an extra pair of eyes on the situation.

This is the first time I have explored the physiological aspect of my pain but I'm a daily meditator and its a huge part of my life. Im looking for some to give me guidance on how to tackle this issue with the great tool that I practice everyday. I have done some preliminary searches but haven't found alot of promising leads. This is my first time searching for a therapist so I might be looking on the wrong places. Im open to phone or video sessions and I would like to find someone with reasonable prices or someone that can take my United Healthcare insurance. Thanks you!

2. iwire

iwire Peer Supporter

This is the first time I have explored the physiological aspect of my pain but I'm a daily meditator and its a huge part of my life. Im looking for some to give me guidance on how to tackle this issue with the great tool that I practice everyday. I have done some preliminary searches but haven't found alot of promising leads. This is my first time searching for a therapist so I might be looking on the wrong places. Im open to phone or video sessions and I would like to find someone with reasonable prices or someone that can take my United Healthcare insurance. Thanks you![/QUOTE]

Have you looked into the Pain Psychology Center? www.painpsychologycenter.com
    There are many therapists there that specialize in mind body syndrome and that work by skype or phone

3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

You may also be trying too hard to heal by seeking something that is not there. Too many souls get needlessly lost in their past due to a common misunderstanding of Sarno's work. It's a dead end I pursued for the longest time so sadly I know it well. This excellent post by TMS author Steve Ozanich explains this situation well.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/seeking-the-grail.529/ (Steven Ozanich - Seeking the Grail)

You may be better served by taking your insights into the neurological realm. Alan Gordon's program is the perfect introduction to that. With your interest and experience in meditation I imagine you'll find somatic tracking very interesting, especially if you have knowledge of Tibetan Buddhism and their wealth of mind~body knowledge.

Plum x