1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

LOL

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tarala, Oct 6, 2012.

1. tarala

tarala Well known member

I just finished reading Steve Ozanich's book, and now when I'm walking and start to fret about the pain, I imagine him running past me, dragging his left leg, falling down on all fours and crawling a bit, then getting up and running off into the distance to be completely healed. Puts it all into some kind of perspective and makes me laugh out loud, and the pain backs off. Thank you Steve for your story.

yb44 and veronica73 like this.
  2. Explorer

Explorer Well known member

Terry - great way of thinking - I have to get the book.

3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

LOL is good for the soul!

4. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

You're welcome Terry. Did you happen to see which direction I was running as I passed you? I'm somewhere in Cleveland and can't find my way home! Did I look fat from behind as I went by you?

I thought it was cool that you used the word "past" because it's so intricately involved in TMS. Not only did I "pass" you up in your guided imagery but I was also putting my "past" behind me with a new beginning. It's a malapropism (or eggcorn). I hope you enjoyed my book. It's not an easy read, and it was 300 pages longer before we cut it down in editing. When you finally understand that it's not about the pain, but about life, the scope widens in increasing awareness and depth, and the conversation becomes larger.

I knew at the time I was suffering that it had a deeper purpose. The little voice inside never lies. Its intent is to get you where you need to be.

The running is simply a discharge of the freeze response, as "I passed my past."

LOL is good for the soul, and the body, and for everyone around. It's really living out loud.

Steve

veronica73 likes this.