1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

LIVING IN THE PRESENT MOMENT

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Jun 5, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

LIVING IN THE PRESENT MOMENT

Many people find that it’s not easy to live in the present moment, and I am one of them.
    I can’t stop myself from thinking or worrying about the past or the future. It helps me, and I hope it will help you, to read about or watch videos about people who tell how they live in the present moment. It may sound simple, but it can be hard to do because our minds race us back or forward in time.

This morning I discovered a video that is about the Australian Olympic gold medal swimming champion Murray Rose, and he tells how living in the present moment while he was swimming in the Olympics helped him win the races and medals when he was 17 years old in 1956.

He says to live in the present moment is to concentrate on one activity at a time. While swimming, he told himself, “I’m swimming now.” When he was eating, he told himself, “I’m eating now.” Too simple to work? It wasn’t for Murray Rose.

The video below is about an hour long, but the part in which he tells how to live in the present comes at about 34 minutes into the film. I suggest you watch the entire video because Murray Rose’s life is worth knowing about. He also tells how he came to be at peace with his leukemia that eventually took his life.

Attached Files:

Colly likes this.
  2. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Great post Walt, and a real hero of mine. "My doctor is Bondi Beach" - what an inspirational man.

3. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

4. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

This is wonderful njoy, thank you for sharing. I'll be making use of this at work!

5. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

I'm so glad, Colly!