1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Live life normally

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Candy, Feb 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Candy

Candy New Member

Hello everyone,

I know that in order to recover, we need to live our life again the way we used to live before tms. I would like to ask on how to live life normally again? I know we are NORMAL, its just that our nervous system is extremely sensitized as of the moment. Since my pain and anxiety started, i never ever stopped living my life, although there are things that i used to enjoy that i put off doing as of the moment, like watching movie series during my free time, because i lost interest in them already. Now, my free time is spent mostly in this forum. Honestly, i got a lot of help from this forum especially to those who keep on encouraging me and to the success stories that ive read on here.

Now, i wanted to live my life normally again the same way as before. I wanted to watch the movie series again, but how do i start since i cant concentrate and i feel sad and anxious because i will always look back to the time when i was well and enjoyed them that much. Do i just have to watch them again even though i dont enjoy them at first? And eventually, the enjoyment will just come? And if i keep on doing the things that made me happy before even though i dont feel happiness yet as of now, will happiness just return slowly? And will normality just happen? And many people suggested to have a good laugh, but its so hard to laugh as of this moment.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. RozieHolland

RozieHolland Peer Supporter

Hi Candy,
    I have the same. When I wake up the first thing I do is feel how the pain is. Is the pain gone or reduced?
    Then I quickly change my attention to my feelings and emotions and get out of bed.
    I cannot enjoy tv or music or shopping or anything else. I am to much in this program.

I give myself a little time to complete this program and let things for what they are.
    I go to work and then I have less pain. I know I participate to little in life, but that's what it is right now.
    I can't push myself. I do it my way.

With love, Rozie.

Candy likes this.