1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Listening to TMS talks

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kevin Barry, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Kevin Barry

Kevin Barry Peer Supporter

Something that I have started to do that seems to be helping is I have been listening to TMS talks that I find on YouTube while I do my 30 minutes of Aerobic exercise every morning. I resisted doing this for a long time because I wanted to spend the time listening to things that were more enjoyable. However, I finally decided that nothing was more important for me than addressing my TMS and started listening to educational material on TMS on a regular basis. I find it does a couple of things. The first is it gives me a way to make a commitment that helps me to remember that there's nothing like a little physical pain to keep your mind off your emotional problems so I can keep my mind on the psychological rather than the physical. The second thing is I often find little tidbits of gold within the talks that help me learn about TMS and the mind-body connection and it seems to be having a good affect on me.

Cog likes this.