1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Let's go!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by littledrummergirl, Nov 12, 2012.

1. littledrummergirl

littledrummergirl New Member

I have been suffering from low back pain and numbness upon sitting for around a year now. It slowly progressed from a nuisance to being unable to sit for 20 minutes and an inibility to do my job. Dr Google suggested pudendal neuralgia, which of course terrified me and made me even more hesitant to sit. The more symptoms I read, it seemed the more I develop. Due to the fact this all started when my wife became ill (she's been in and out of hospital for a year now) and my worst incapacitating bout started two weeks before she's due to have major surgery, TMS is ringing all sorts of bells with me. I've tried most treatments and tests over the course of the year and honestly feel I have nothing to lose here at all. Armed with a couple of Dr Sarno's books, I'm looking forward to delving into the free course provided and hopefully I can start healing and taking care of my family again.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome,
    You will make progress. You are in the right place.

3. MissShamrocks

MissShamrocks Peer Supporter

@littledrummergirl I realize this was posted over 2 years ago (actually a few weeks before my PN/TMS started) but was wondering how you are feeling now?

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Littledrummergirl, you must be female but you mention your wife being ill.
    I'll just figure you're a guy. Anyway, it sure looks like your back pain and sitting problem
    comes from being emotionally stressed about your wife's illness. That's pure TMS,
    so I hope you will start and work daily on the Structured Educational Program.

I too would like to know how things have been doing since you posted two years ago.