1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Leaky Gut, Food Allergies?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jessedas, Jul 15, 2013.

1. jessedas

jessedas Peer Supporter

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience with leaky gut syndrome, food allergies etc, and any TMS connection? If so, if you found it to be TMS and were cured.

As it is now, I've been allergic to milk since I was about 14, and the last 4 or 5 years I've been allergic to wheat/gluten, eggs, and now possibly soy. I'm pretty careful about what I eat, but have noticed symptoms getting worse as of recently, coincidentally as my neck and back TMS symptoms have been in recession. This is a tough one for me since I've been dealing with stomach problems for a very long time..any success stories would be very encouraging.

What's different about the onset of my stomach symptoms than the back/neck pain, is that they come on very fast and well, lets just say I have to rush to the bathroom quickly. I don't have a lot of time to talk to my subconscious or figure out what I may be emotional about. TMS symptoms in my back or neck I can usually feel coming on slowly and am allotted enough time to react accordingly and I must say I've been seeing improvements with my back and neck (thanks to reading Sarno and the wonderful support of this forum).

Now it's time to get over the next hurtle :)

2. AndrewMillerMFT

AndrewMillerMFT Well known member

Hi Jess,

I can't speak to allergies per se - though I was allergic to milk as a child and am no longer. What I can say is that I have stomach and IBS issues that come and go occasionally as flare-ups of TMS. They literally take the place of other symptoms at times. And I completely understand the rush to the bathroom moment. I encourage you to take it slow and look for evidence of these as sxs. Have you considered making an evidence list?

3. jessedas

jessedas Peer Supporter

Hi Andrew,
    thanks for your reply! I have done an elimination diet and this sort of thing, and I think it is soy that has been my recent trigger. I'm confused as to what you mean by "sxs"? Well, I guess the stomach and especially the gut are a bit trickier when it comes to TMS because there are so many variables..but I have to agree with you that IBS would have to be another form of TMS. I'll keep searching for answers and will update if anything comes about. Thanks again.

4. AndrewMillerMFT

AndrewMillerMFT Well known member

Sorry, "sxs" is just an abbreviation for symptoms. I would encourage you to continue to find some form of relief from your allergic symptoms - however you may do it - but I also invite you to be mindful of how much the food allergies might be another distraction - a hallmark of PPD "sxs." :)