1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Kidney Stones

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by brantley, Nov 10, 2016.

1. brantley

brantley New Member

hello everybody...

It's been a while but i'm back for a question.

I've healed my back pain through TMS healing in the past so i'm a big believer in the TMS model.

In the past year I've had 3 kidney stone attacks, one sending me to the ER.

What are the thoughts on kidney stones being TMS related??

Is it part of the TMS process?? Or diet related??

Thanks in advance.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Brantley. Dr. Sarno does not mention kidney stones in his books about TMS. I don't know about treatment for kidney stones but imagine some medication is prescribed. What does your doctor say? I've read that kidney stones can come from diet, or maybe even the emotions, as ulcers do.

3. Mark W

Mark W Peer Supporter

I have no idea if kidney stones are TMS related or not, but the one kidney stone attack I had happened right in the middle of a stressful relationship interaction. Coincidence? Could be, but once I learned about TMS a few years later and reflected upon the circumstances of the attack, it did make me consider the possibility. If there is one thing I have learned from TMS, it is to never underestimate the cleverness of the subconscious when it comes to creating a distracting malady.

4. annalevis

annalevis Newcomer

Kidney stones are hard collections of salt and minerals often made up of calcium or uric acid. They form inside the kidney and can travel to other parts of the urinary tract. Stones vary in size. Some are as small as the period at the end of this sentence a fraction of an inch. Others can grow to a few inches across. Some kidney stones can become so large they take up the entire kidney. A kidney stone forms when too much of certain minerals in your body accumulate in your urine. When you aren’t well hydrated, your urine becomes more concentrated with higher levels of certain minerals. When mineral levels are higher, it’s more likely that a kidney stone will form. https://www.healthmagaz.com/kidneys/kidney-pain/11-signs-may-kidney-pain/ (11 Signs You May Have Kidney Pain - The Health Magazine)

5. Shadytalks

Shadytalks New Member

U

I've had the same question for decades now. I currently have two more kidney stones, which started causing me problems right after a particularly stressful time. I know they are "supposedly" caused by diet, dehydration, genetics, etc., but I have to think that stress causes a role. All of my stones showed up during stressful periods of my life. Just curious if others have experienced this.