1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Just Started on the Structured Educational Program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ClareW, Jan 12, 2015.

1. ClareW

ClareW Newcomer

It started on 14th August 2012, since then I've had many different variations of pelvic/bladder pain and have been diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia. The drugs that I have been prescribed have not cured the problem, a nerve block made it worse and the only thing I have been offered is another nerve block :(

I've read various success stories written by people who used this method to become pain-free. I seem to fit the 'personality type', so I'm hoping that I too can be healed in this way. I am a tense person in general and recently have been having pain in my fingers, as I've been clenching them so hard! I am definitely quite hard on myself, so we will see if I can change the habits of a lifetime. I am quietly hopeful.

2. Buckeye

Buckeye Peer Supporter

I can relate to quietly hopeful. Of course, I can also relate to roller coaster since I've only been at this for a couple days.

3. pmfmom

pmfmom Newcomer

I just started also and I'm a little scared about starting the exercises and things that I haven't done in so long. I had spinal fusion surgery two years ago and I am now worse than before the surgery and I also have more aches and pains in other parts of my body. I keep thinking, "What if I hurt myself worse or damage the fusion?" I think that's part of my problem, I "think" too much. I pray that you both, Clare and Buckeye and myself can be helped with Dr. Sarno's program. The success stories make me feel so hopeful! :)

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Sarno advises not exercising until you are pain free or close to it.
    He does, however, say it's important to healing to resume normal daily activites...
    try to go to work, clean the house, make meals and do the dishes, etc.

If you think your pain is TMS because you have a perfectionist or goodist personality,
    you're definitely not alone. Sarno says those are two very common causes of TMS pain.

The Structured Educational Program will help you both to discovering how to deal with]
    those personality traits and/or repressed emotions. I discovered mine from journaling.

Good luck to you both and remember to breathe deeply, live in the present and not the
    past or future, and find ways to LAUGH away your anxiety, fear, and pain.

5. ClareW

ClareW Newcomer

Thank you for your replies. I am looking forward to becoming pain free :)

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You will become pain-free, but that is only one of the blessings from learning about TMS.
    It helps us to better understand ourselves and others. That makes us more content and happy
    and our joy is contagious so that it benefits everyone in our life.