1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Just FYI for those who use Reddit

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jules, Oct 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jules

Jules Well known member

I created a new subreddit called MindbodyConnection for users to post on anything TMS, such as articles, books, trchniques, support, etc...I love this wiki, but I think getting it on Reddit, which is a huge online community, and having more people be able to check it out would be a good thing. Many people have asked me about TMS and how it has helped me. If we could get it there on social media, more people may see it and get their own healing.

If I can get a bunch of subscribers and get posts going, the more exposure the sub will get. What do you guys think?

elue, Gigalos and Sonic like this.
  2. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Will check this out thanks

3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS is a subject that will give rise to the need for a full-time moderator. People love the Wiki because imho it is a pretty safe place as the mods put a lot of effort in keeping it that way. I think it is important to realize that.
    Other than that, great initiative.

4. elue

elue New Member

That's a good idea Jules,

I get destroyed (buried) on Reddit whenever I try to help, or send people to the wiki or anywhere TMS related. It seems it doesn't matter how many people are open-minded, there are 20 right behind them waiting to down vote. Maybe my delivery is wrong? Hopefully it will do better in it's own sub and be able to bring TMS awareness to new people via the search engine.

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I recently read an article about fibromyalgia and TMS that was somewhere online, probably recommended by someone here, or perhaps on the FB group - and I was saddened by the number of bitterly abusive comments. As elue said, each positive comment was overwhelmed by the negative ones. Not just negative. Outright hateful.

Now, I have noticed that sufferers of fibro, in particular, are extremely bitter individuals. Not only has their condition worn them down, but there is also a strong (and well-reported) association of fibro with childhood neglect and/or abuse - and I have known enough people with these issues to know that they (or rather, their brains!) are very dedicated to continued repression. As a community, fibro sufferers are now focused on some new discovery of a pathology that is associated with the condition, but they still refuse to recognize the FACT that a lifetime of emotional stress and repression is probably the source of the pathology. Yet even the most conservative doctors and research organizations are recognizing how years of constant exposure to the stress hormones can lead to real health problems, and the NIH has reported on a study that showed a significant link between childhood abuse, neglect and trauma to chronic pain syndromes, including fibro. Their minds are closed, and that's all there is to it.

So yes, this is an admirable effort, Jules - but please, be careful out there, okay? As Gigalos said, it's pretty safe here in our supportive community where people have chosen to come together because they have already opened their minds. I don't want you to be brought low by the many closed minds out there in the rest of the world! I see that you've put the SubReddit under Psychology, which has rules, but I've already seen a mind-body discussion with negative and misguided comments (such as "it's b.s. to tell me that I can get better just by being happy" - good grief, where to start? It just makes me tired).

~Jan

elue likes this.