1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

JOYCE MEYERS WORDS OF WISDOM

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Oct 22, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing great!

Giving healing advice and lots of encouragement.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Walt,
    You encourage me Pal. Thanks for being a huge friend.
    I remember when id be down and you would tell
    me all kinds of meditations and soothing styles,
    I worked them all pal and came out great.
    Bless You

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

It's great to have your friendship.

We communicate on a level higher than almost anyone I know.
    Maybe just one or two of my longest-tie friends, but not on TMS subjects.

I'd like to get our book finished so Rob can see it, and SteveO, too.

Did you see the covers I sent for my book A MIDNIGHT CLEAR
    about my dog's Christmas on the golf course?

I'm getting ready to give CreateSpace my book
    Christmas with the Famous.

4. Stella

Stella Well known member

Hi Nancy,
    My guess is that you are so very very angry at your husband at what he has done to you and to your sons. I think forgiveness is difficult if you have not worked through all that anger. As I have read that spiritual people tend to repress anger even more because they feel they need to focus on love and forgiveness. And, of course, we know the power of guilt when feeling anger towards someone we love.

As Dr. Christiane Northrop suggests using an old dish towel to wack out all the anger in the body. When I became aware of what had really happened to me as a child, realizing my Mother could never hold me in her arms and tell me how deeply she loved me and how very damaged I have been all my life... I still could not feel the anger. It was pushed so deeply inside me as physical pain and depression.

When alone in the house I took that old dish towel and wacked away on woodwork, cabinets and sofas. I cried and screamed at my Mother. "How could you do this to me? (scared the poor dog to death). Dr. Northrup suggests doing this for 10 minutes. That is a really long time. I wish she had suggested to switch shoulders after 5 minutes. I could not move that shoulder the next day but, boy, did I feel better. And I did it repeatedly for the next few weeks.

I would cry and scream at your husband for hurting you so much. How you stood by him all those years through all his crap and then he did this to you and your sons. Scream at that man and wack away, cry and scream and wack... get it out of your body, get it out. Get out all that pain and anger..... whew, I am feeling better already. You go Girl..... you can do it.
    Stella
    P.S. I bought a used plastic bat. I bunch up the pillow like it is my Mother's head. "How could you have done this to me? Pain and depression all my life because of you....all my life." Whew

Several times a day I wish my parents would be hit by a car (such a burden) No, I don't feel guilty, well I do, but I shrug it off because I know it is perfectly normal. Everybody feels something like this but never talk about it. IT IS PERFECTLY NORMAL.

I had a woman comment to me "you are so lucky you still have your Mother." I said "well, I don't feel that way all the time." She said "boy, isn't that the truth." Everybody feels these thought. IT IS PERFECTLY NORMAL.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

As my brother said about our mother, "I love her, but I don't like her."

I love Joyce Meyer. Watched another of her "talks" on tv last night and she talks TMS but doesn't call it that.
    Her pain relief techniques are similar to TMS.
    Is she for real or a con artist?
    Her audience is always in the hundreds, thousands. Do they pay or get to attend free?
    Or do they get in by making a donation to her charities like helping children in Africa?
    There are so any of those religious organizations? Is there any list as to which are honest?
    I hate to sound skeptical, but there is so much scam today.