1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Journaling

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kev74, Mar 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kev74

Kev74 Peer Supporter

This might be a silly question, but does it matter if I keep a journal on my computer or is it more therapeutic to actually wright things down? I would think it wouldn't matter, but maybe the mind comprehends things differently?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Others have said that the hand writing helps pull in more of our body. For me, I'm not sure. I wouldn't worry too much. Just start and use a way that feels safe, private, convenient.

Kev74 likes this.
  3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Kev.
    The journaling aspect was difficult for me as I worked the SEP. I kept a paper one. For me, the tactile effort of writing longhand helped reinforce what I was writing. And I have to admit that I've looked back several times and have been grateful that I have the journal, both as a reference, and as a testament to how far I've come.

Kev74 likes this.
  4. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

I love journaling: both in beautiful books and on the computer when I feel like it. I would say - the one advantage of writing on the computer as that it's way easier to read later. I can't make out a word of some of my journaling from the past! :)

LexyLucy