1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Journaling Topics

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ines, Sep 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ines

Ines Well known member

Hi,

I really hate journaling and I've been neglecting it. I don't feel like doing the SEP again because I already did all those journal questions. Does anybody have any TMS journal topic/questions to get me going?
    I did a few searches and nothing is coming up.
    If not, do you want to help make some up? Collectively, we might be able to come up with a few.
    Here is mine:
    What made you angry today?
    How do you feel when you look in the mirror?
    What are 3 qualities that make you feel like you are valuable to a group?

I'm trying to think of what is most helpful for TMS but it's really difficult and I'm bored of just writing about what is making me angry. Any ideas? Really, anything would be helpful.

Thanks
    ines

2. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

I made my list according to how Dr. Sarno instructs, as given by Nicole Sachs in her videos and book...three columns on a paper with the headings: Childhood, Daily Life, and Personality. In the childhood one, I started from as far back as I could remember and went from there listing everything that bothered me, sticks with me, hurt me, etc. In the Present Life column I listed all of my roles and people I interact with in my daily life. And finally, I listed all of my personality traits in the last column.

I don't go in order. I simply look at my list each morning and see if anything jumps out at me. Even if it's something I've already written about, I will do it again, because there's a reason. Or if something else is bothering me, I write about that. I set my timer for 20 minutes and free write on the topic.

I'm not just looking to get at the anger and rage. We are complex beings with a full range of emotions. Much of what I'm finding is a tremendous amount of sadness, fear, and shame. So what I'd suggest first off is not limiting yourself to only looking for anger. You might be surprised at the other emotions lurking in the unconscious mind.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Mari and Ines like this.
  3. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

Hi Ines,

I consider TMS and life a fight for life, till death do our long suffering body apart.

Therefore, and maybe I am wrong, I want to skip journaling, introspection, and get right to the heart of the matter. Change the programming.

In everyone there are ideas we think identify who we are. Are they changeable? Life changes us. We can change ourselves. Happiness is a choice.

Ines likes this.
  4. Ines

Ines Well known member

Thanks guys!!