1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Journaling about a past event

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lilibet, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Lilibet

Lilibet Peer Supporter

This was really powerful! I've carried this memory with me for 64 years. It involves a near-collision with a logging truck when I was three. I've always thought that terror was the main feeling from that event. It still impacts me today at times when I'm a passenger in a car.

But the brief journaling that I just did uncovered so many more layers of feelings beyond terror: Helpless. Vulnerable. Unsafe. Unprotected. Untrusting. Fear of abandonment. Anger. Fear of other's anger. No control and a strong need to control my own body and surroundings.

I was surprised and impressed to see so much emerge from this small bit of journaling.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I appreciate you sharing this. One of the first things on my list when I was 3 1/2 was the fire place mantle catching fire during Xmas time. For some reason I did not write about this. I guess the memories shortly after this one seemed more important. But I have reflected back on this several times wondering what the contribution was to my childhood. I believe I felt everything you did.

I will journal about this now.

Lilibet likes this.
  3. Lilibet

Lilibet Peer Supporter

I really like this forum because what other people write about makes me think. So I'm glad what I wrote reminded you of your experience. I hope your journaling is helpful.

4. Lori

Lori Well known member

Excellent. It really is incredible what can be uncovered when we make the time to journal!!