1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Jogging away

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tarala, Aug 31, 2013.

1. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi all—I’ve disappeared for awhile, as I’ve been overseas for six months in Egypt, Turkey and southeastern Europe. Before going away I was about 80% free of sciatic pain (had it for twenty years) thanks to doing TMS work. While I was away I had almost zero trouble with it, I think due to lots of good distractions. I often even walked as much as 15 kilometers per day, which is incredible for me.

Getting back home to family and work was an amazing eye opener. Pain came back with a vengeance, but now I know better than to start focusing on it. I’ve even started a jogging program. I rarely hurt just after, but often later at night or the next day, which is helping undermine my long practiced fears about structural injury. That and I always try to picture Steve O limping and crawling along no matter whether it hurt or not, which is a great inspiration to me.

It’s great to catch up with all the discussions and see all the new members.

leonardo999 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Tarala, your trip sounds wonderful. And it appears that you returned to very little pain.
    A break from the routine must have been good for you.

There have been a lot of posts and new activity and new members in the past months.
    Let us know your thoughts on any of the posts and new threads.

3. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Walt, yes it was great, but it was seeing how much difference it made to pain that really got me. Did more, hurt less! I'm thrilled the forum is so vibrant, this website saved my life. I'm especially liking Alan Gordon's program, I think he is great.