1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Jeans obsession, anyone?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by osca aelius, Dec 12, 2017.

1. osca aelius

osca aelius Peer Supporter

As you my know from my last post, im a new member and just discover TMS. I have 1 weird symptoms, and that is jeans obsession. I have a few pairs of jeans. Some jeans i dont use it anymore because its too tight for me in the past. After a year or more, it feels like my body is getting skinner, so then i can pick up and use my old jeans that were too tight before.

And then the obsession and anxiety starts just after i develop TMS. I started to feel anxiety or feel pressured on my crocth feeling my jeans is too tight. I cant differentiate anymore if the jeans is truly too tight for me, or the TMS caused me to obsess and worry while wearing jeans. This is bugging me so many times, even now when i think and wonder about it, i ask myself, why do i feel like this, why thinking about my jeans obsess and worry me? This leads me to not wear some jeans that i feel is too tight.

My question is, how do i deal with this? How do i distinguish the different between "the jeans is too tight for me" and "TMS is doing its trick to fool me"? How? Right now i dont know how to differentiate between real discomfort caused by external cause or internal cause (internal is TMS). This leads me to keep testing and challenge the symptoms, like wearing jeans intentionally to feel the feelings, i test any kind of things that could trigger the TMS and it just frustrates and frighten me more. Unlike anxiety when i can identify with the obvious symptoms, TMS symptoms is weird and so much diverse.

Anyone can give me advice would be really helpful :)

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I have the same problem, my weight fluctuates, I have jeans in my closet from 30 years ago that are like new and am keeping for the day I lose a ton of weight and can fit back into. I got "clinically" tms depressed a few years ago and lost a lot of weight because I didn't eat--I could fit in those jeans but didn't have the strength or will to do anything. Once I read that "clinical depression" is an affective form of TMS, I got quickly better, gained all the weight back--plus more and weighed more then I ever had. I recently got food poisoning--fish taco Tuesday and lost 11 pounds and fit into some of my jeans. I wish I could bottle that recipe and make a bundle on a quick weight loss diet.

The good thing about jeans, or at least mine, they were cheap Levis, some only $11 a pair back then. So, keep a bunch of cheap jeans in your closet for all occasions, including some mommy jeans to keep that irritation in the crotch area down.

g'luck!
    tt/lsmft

3. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Same here, jeans in my closet that I only can wear if I loose 6 pounds. I also have the problem that very tight jeans (or other trousers) can hurt. Sometimes they are simply too tight. So, I don’t wear them. I think you shouldn’t think too much about it and just wear whatever makes you feel good.

Lizzy likes this.
  4. Ines

Ines Well known member

I agree. If you like your jeans just wear them and try not to think about it.
    I had a similar problem with my underwear. As soon as I got better I gained a bunch of weight because migraines and anxiety caused me to feel sick and not eat. So my underwear would bother the skin on only my right hip. It looks swollen and red and it kept drawing my attention. I ignored it and it went away but it took a few months.
    Just have fun looking good in your skinny jeans!dancea

5. tmsbboy

tmsbboy New Member

@osca aelius
    This sounds like something that I am currently dealing with right now! My weight fluctuates a lot but I am generally pretty skinny or skinny fat. Yet I have this same problem where I had sudden groin pain from skinnier jeans which I could always wear in the past. People that are bigger than me can wear jeans a size smaller and skinnier so I’m so perplexed with the groin pain I get from slimmer jeans. I wear relatively looser fitted slim jeans sized up with stretch and still suffer these symptoms. Wondering how you are faring in this journey?

6. Ania

Ania Peer Supporter

Hi,
    I experienced something simillar: feeling that jeans, pencil dresses and high heals were making my TMS pain worse.
    But it is gone now .
    Just continue your TMS work, I think you can easily evaluate using mirror uf your jeans are ok or not. But if you feel bad symptoms - nothing wrong will happen if you skip using them for some time. Just be nice to yourself and your body. Going through TMS is not a good time to wear clothes that require holding your breath .

Tennis Tom likes this.