1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 "...I've had tendinitis for three years"

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Allen_V, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Allen_V

Allen_V Newcomer

What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind?

I had my first meeting with an Ortho 2 weeks ago. I was telling him about how long my patellar tendinitis pain has been bothering me. I told him I have been in pain for around 3 months and havnt found anything that works. He told me "that's nothing, I've had tendinitis for three years when I was in my mid 20s."

Imagining being in this pain for 3 years is a horrible thought. I have no idea why he was trying to one up me on the pain that I am feeling. It seems like everyone is trying to denounce my pain since I am young.

I've read many stories about how tendinitis has been chronic for many people, lasting years and never getting better. I think about this every so often and really hate the thought of losing the ability to be physically active so young.

I love sports, I love hiking, I love running. I don't want to give up my activities this early. It's far too soon.

2. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

Really smart doctors sometimes say and do the goofiest things. Don't listen! Read all the success stories of people who've dealt with similar issues. If you go to the success stories page, you can look up specific ailments. Don't let doctors dissuade you. Jo

3. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

Allen, I found out myself that most diagnosed pain ending with 'tis' was something doctors couldn't really explain. If I now go see a doctor and tells me its someting 'tis' I replace it with the word baloney'tis (actually bullsh$%#t;'tis but i'll keep it clean ;)) and start thinking TMS. I think about what might have been the trigger and start to heal myself.
    For some people it's chronic because they never address the real issue behind the pain (mental, emotional). You started the structural program, and that great .Read any dr. Sarno book and you will see progress in no time. Just belief 100% in TMS and its treatment. It worked for me several times and im back running, lifting and hiking without any issues. Goodluck