1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 It's way more than chronic pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Denisa, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Denisa

Denisa Newcomer

Hi!

I'm Denisa, a 23 years-old tour guide with 2 chronic gastrointestinal disorders. I've been in pain for so long (I was around 14 when it started) that up until a few days ago, I was on the verge of losing all hope.

I was never able to find the roots of the problems, nor could I link them to emotional issues, because no matter how much I'd monitor the pain, it just doesn't seem to follow a pattern. For instance, the first one occured when I was 14, and the second one only when I turned 18, but now they happen quite often and irregularly, a few months, weeks or even days apart.

As I gave up the idea of common medical treatments, I found someone who introduced me to the TMS. She gave me hope that everything can be healed by my brain. I was very happy and relieved to hear that I wasn't crazy (at some point I almost truly believed that it's me who's causing everything) and that my medical problems are actually real. They are there. It's just that so much pain simply isn't justified for these two conditions: hiatal hernia and atrophic gastritis.

The TMS is the only reasonable explanation for other things happening lately, such as a serious, reoccurent candidiasis. It's been happening for 2 years now, although I haven't switched parterns, and the tests always come clean for my husband. It's not something he's giving me or the other way around. I spent so much money on clinical tests and drugs only to have the symptoms again after finishing every treatment. Although I cannot really say candidiasis hurts physically, it is able to reduce fertility rate, which I might be encountering right now, as we are trying to conceive and I am worried it's been with me for so long that it really affected this significant body function.

As suggested by this medical coach, I made a list of stressful events from the past, the present and the future. And oh my, it's a long one! I just never realized there are so many things that I thought to be stressful until I named them. And I would've never managed to notice that some of them reoccur if not for that list. For instance, the fear to be abandoned, or to be left alone. In the past, I noted down I was afraid my big sister would do it, and in the future, I wrote that I am afraid my husband will do it.

Now I have something to work with. Hopefully, the stomach pain and the candidiasis will give me a break, if not stop for good.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Okcowgirl

Okcowgirl Peer Supporter

Welcome Denisa,
    I am pretty new to all of this too. It seems you are already noticed some interesting recurrences in your past and present It is interesting how the more you open up to look at things, the more things that you have always known come to the forefront and feel more emotional. I also have had weird recurrences of things over the years and am hoping to find freedom from ALL of it with this program.
    Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say Hello and wish you all the best in your journey to Recovery.
    Blessings
    Dawn/Okcowgirl

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Shamrock12

Shamrock12 New Member

Hi! I’m brand new here as well. Several similarities. Had symptoms and conditions that have repeated over the years. Suffering with another bout of lower back aches and whole body throbbing, IbS, headaches and just feel awful. We are all in the midst of a stressful time. I can only imagine this is the trigger. I am hoping to find this program helpful. Do either of you know where we start? I hope you both are feeling better and recovering soon.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Okcowgirl

Okcowgirl Peer Supporter

Hi Shamrock12! Welcome! Sorry you are having such a hard time. We are all hoping to make positive changes, for sure . As to where we start - this is a good place - the Structured Educational Program. Did you find the actual Structured Educational Program page? . If not, here is the link. https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program (Structured Educational Program) If you scroll down the page, you can find a box with Program Days -Day 1 to 42 in it - and start on Day One :) I started with Alan's Pain Recovery Program (link here : https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/ (Pain Recovery Program) and then moved to the Structured program. I don't think it really matters WHERE you start - just starting is good . Congrats for doing that . I hope I see you making great progress here.
    Blessings
    Dawn/Okcowgirl

kimbob369 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy and welcome...just wanted to share that this program has helped me heal from over ten years of IBS with constipation (as well as a bunch of other problems). If doctors can't find anything wrong with you, you are likely in the right place. Make sure to reach out to the people here if you're having any doubts or have questions. Keep up the good work!

JanAtheCPA likes this.