1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

It'll all come together

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

it'll all come together, it might take some time but it will come together, the worry and stress of not being able to do what we were called to do was really getting to me-now I just said to myself this isn't worth worrying about anymore- then things started getting better, when I finally accepted where I was and that I was ok with that- I stopped trying to be someone I wanted to be- I just started loving who I am ya know-this was when things started falling in place- when I stopped stressing over being stuck in the same ol same ol- I just learned that if I was honestly content with who I am, id put a smile on my face on purpose- just cause and soon not long I had circumstances change and I finally understood my own worry's to excel were keeping me from the very life I wanted- now hold your head up and be happy right where you are and don't expect a thing- just wait a little while -hold your patience, get back your confidence and in due time life will give you exactly what you been looking for....keep hope alive in your heart and never cast away your confidence, itll send its reward when it knows your content with right where your at.... even if its just you and the walls- look at em and smile, you'll see your confidence is waiting on you- stop waiting on your confidence.

G.R. and gailnyc like this.
  2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Truer words were never spoken, Herbie. You sure get a lot more done when you stop trying to play catch up or make up and just be at peace with yourself.

eric watson likes this.
  3. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Sage advice, but so hard to do.

eric watson likes this.
  4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Like all sage advice! Easier said than done!

eric watson likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This is hard but doable, its all in habit,
    I've done it- possibly the most important part in my tms healing
    if we wonder why the pain seems to stay and stay-
    Remember though- some of us don't have to go to this extreme of serenity- others do
    how bad is it, how long has it been there?
    take a look here- its your answer
    we cant set and keep wondering when is it going to stop- while timing ourselves
    being aware and stressing of our own worries is the main culprit-
    whether its subjective or objective- or associated , diassociated
    it took me a year to do this-
    if ya really want it, youll do what it calls for right
    for me 1 year to get it - and two weeks to see the results
    sometimes we have to look past our own limitations and make our own results
    the whole time I was wondering when is this pain ever going to let up
    when I decided to give in and just do the show and get out of that shell
    I had a shift that showed me I was on the rd to recovery- just like when we believe
    for anything and as long as were sweating it- well we'll keep it away
    when we let up and let nature take her natural course while still doing the program
    it really makes the non linear path a lot shorter- ya see now what I mean guys
    hope this explains the post better

Anne Walker likes this.
  6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Here a little bit of it-

G.R. likes this.
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This was originally posted by a friend of mine, Tennis Tom.
    It defiantly goes with this thread.

From Dr. John Sarno's THE DIVIDED MIND:

Chapter Ten: "A Family Doctor's Experience With Mindbody Medicine"
    by Marc Sopher, M.D.

Page 350:

"RESUME ACTIVITY

You are not really well until you are back doing the activities you formerly enjoyed. While you may have to start slowly (it is still necessary to follow appropriate guidelines for exercise training), you should be able to do whatever you want. We are capable of far more than we have been told. I think very few of us approach our potential because we have been misinformed about the limits of our bodies. I have patients in their sixties, seventies, and eighties running marathons, bicycling across the country, climbing mountains, and participating in other strenuous activities. They are not supermen and superwomen; they are simply folks who have taken good care of themselves and refuse to believe that they are fragile."

Dr. Sopher's web site is: www.themindbodysyndrome.com

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Eric. Long time no hear. But I just read your recent posts and know you're doing great.
    I'm feeling less back pain. How's our project coming along? How are your plans to move?

waltmax69@gmail.com

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  10. Stock Trader

Stock Trader Peer Supporter

Hey Eric,

Read your blog ( http://go.tmswiki.org/ericwatson) for the first time and gave me more confidence that we could heal and that we need to be patient. I learn something new when I read your posts. I have faith that I am going to heal. Thanks for putting some of your time to give us encouragement and comfort, we all need this. I will never give up.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Stock Trader thanks so much for your (Thank You).
    Im as much excited in the words that you know you will heal.
    and you will never give up- now there's lots of power in those words.
    Its so important to see others that have healed using Sarnos program and others here at TMS. wiki.
    It sure was the compelling force that kelp me going forth.
    Im so excited that you found hope in my post.
    That hope was the power that pushed me to excel.
    I can say without a doubt I believe every word you say.
    I've been so inspired by your words of hope and encouragement on the radio show.
    Keep em coming Stock Trader, your truly 1 of a kind,