1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

It takes time to get it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

There’s a fear that we have when were stuck in pain or when the doc gives us those fearful words. In order to heal from these words of dread, we have to see those that have been healed and really learn what worked for them and practice how they practiced

If everyone is giving you conflicting ideas as how to heal, then go to tms wiki.org where it will be safe for you-you really don’t need disagreements.we do learn from different sources but nothing conflicting

I know you have done everything under the moon and then some –to those in extreme pain it really didn’t get there over night and there’s a cure in tms healing-but you will take longer to heal than someone say just had pain start last year, that’s those that have less pain.
    But You can be almost a new person in just a few months if you stay patient and learn, and that’s if you’ve had it twenty years or 3 months.
    see this sounds contradicting but its not.for instance i been in pain 20 years-you been in pain 1 year so we start to study at the same time and the 1 year warrior looks like their in the finish but see six (6) months into the race ,the person that had it bad for 20 will be up with the person that had it bad for 1 year,you see what im saying.this is in the parable of jesus about the folks coming to work at 6 in the morning and then some came to work at 12 in the noon then others came to work around 6 that afternoon and he paid them all the same for their labors.
    think on these things

For us that hurt worse, we have to really believe and practice the teachings of Sarno’s works, that’s work. See because we hurt more-it takes more dedication to set there and use our minds-really

Just because I studied all the greats for over twenty yrs didn’t mean I knew how to heal myself.

It was when I picked up Sarno’s book that said the pain I was in was from emotions-it blew my mind.

Most people read Sarno’s book and they all think they have to fall in the 80 or 90 percent, or something ain’t right with Sarno’s teachings -no no no -what’s not right is we’re not doing the next step and staying with the program. Most of us have to change everything we have ever known about what we know, re-learn and if you haven’t learned how to heal yourself you havent learned how to heal, right.

We have to forget everything we thought we knew and start to learn again like a child with an imagination and hope.

Your hunger to be better is wonderful, but you have to knock down this barrier of doubt, and get away from all the different conflicting teachings.

If you really want to heal you have to lose all disbelief. I know now its baby steps that we have to take, but you have to trust that we know how to help you heal. That’s not to lessen your moral; it’s to let you see how great these simple truths can be. We want to help you but only you can allow that.

It’s time to stop looking in all directions and look in one, really the only one I’ve ever seen in all my studies that if believed and stayed with heals, You won’t get it doubting and not believing sarno, but if you put down your defense

In 3 months or so-you will thank me....

God bless

Becca likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Eric - This is a great reminder that no matter how long a person has suffered with chronic pain, this approach will still work for them. Recovery doesn't come down to how bad one's symptoms are, instead is about how difficult is it for a person to change how they think about their symptoms.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

That's a perfect summary forest
    yes- changing the thoughts about there symptoms
    it seems so hard forest to those ive talked too
    then I was hard to it for many years
    so if I see hope- im going to speak
    folks need to know these special simple truths
    I still cant get why its so hard to get into the subconscious
    I got it into mine through imagination and hope
    its a good cure though the way we can think ourselves well