1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

IS THIS TMS TOO HELP

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tmsinfant, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tmsinfant

tmsinfant New Member

I had davinci robotic hysterectomy on August 22, everything went great but since that time my central naval incision (under the naval and to the left unseen ) has been wrecking my life. I cannot have anything touch it. I cannot wear clothes unless I have on a very tight compression panty, and I can only bear that for a few hours. The reaction when the area at the bottom lip of my naval is like an electrical shock. It is just awful, I cannot stand it actually. I am 11 weeks post op, I should be fine by now. Surgeon says it is the nerves, but with my history of TMS I am beginning to believe that this surgery just gave TMS the power to really grab hold and wreck havoc!!! Does anyone have an opinion. I cannot find anything in all of Sarno's work about post operative TMS nerve pain. :(:arghh:

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I would go with what your surgeon is telling you at this stage. I had an operation 5 months ago and the nerves did take a while to settle where I was cut. I think this is quite normal. Massage helps but you would have to discuss this with your doc. On the TMS side of things, the attitude to adopt around this is to not worry. This too shall pass.

3. tmsinfant

tmsinfant New Member

Thanks much for your reply, I am definitely freaking out and I know that is part of the issue. I have a very high stress active job (drive and stand and walk around a lot) up until now, I have not been able to go bak to work. You are right, I need to trust that I will get better. The surgeon said he had never seen this before so that put fear in me, and most people that have this procedure are back at work by week 6. I have probably wcacked the heck out of my nervous system with anxiety.

birdsetfree likes this.
  4. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Lots of women who have this op take many months to feel completely healed. Don't try to hurry your healing as you only have one shot at it. I think your healing sounds normal to me. Take good care of yourself, you have been through a lot. Doctors are not always aware of actual recovery times in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  5. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I mentioned this in BPPH, along the lines of testing triggers. Your brain simply uses the opportunity to TMS, you're deeply enraged at the surgery. I did an interview years ago with Fisch and he said every guy who didn't want their vasectomy had post surgical pain. Your body heals in short time when the mind is not divided in conflict. Yours is a typical scenario of TMS being played out. When the "unconscious need" wanes so will the symptoms. But you can do it directly through recognition without waiting on it to subside.

SteveO

Bodhigirl and Ewok like this.
  6. Barnaby

Barnaby Newcomer

From my own experience I need to repeatedly tell myself to allow myself to be as I am. When I do this I can see that my habitual response is to judge myself for freaking out or being anxious. When I can allow myself to freak out and be anxious I calm down, sometimes quickly sometimes takes longer, but it always feels right. Freaking out and being anxious are not flattering to my ego so I judge myself and this creates additional tension in me.

Bodhigirl likes this.