1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a Dr in this forum? I have a question please

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by quasar731, Jun 16, 2012.

1. quasar731

quasar731 Well known member

To whoever knows about this and can help with advice. I am seeing my surgeon on 27 June about it.

I think I mentioned before that due to the accident I had 23 months ago, and the 4 types of surgery that followed on the right hand side, hip, knee and foot, I put so much pressure on the left side of the body that it started hurting. I had an x ray of the left hip (3 months ago) because it was hurting hideously, now the left hip has a left femoro-acetabular impingement. I never had problems in the hips until this accident. The impingement is a mixed one Cam and Pincer. That means that spurs have grown on the head and the neck of the femur and interfere with the rotation of the femur. The surgeon hoped, as my physio and I did that the impingement would settle down as my right side went back to normal, but it has not. It appears that the the interference that the impingement causes in the hip socket is sending pain to the groin and also the back. In addition, I cannot sit for long periods or walk for long. There are movements like on rotation which I cannot do. What does this mean? 'potential' surgery again. Anyone has come across this before? Thank you.