1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Is OCD a form of TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Dec 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Hi everyone. I hope you guys are doing alright.
    Is ocd a form of TMS? I have really bad anxiety, can't work properly, can't even function properly due to OCD. It's just insane how mentally exhausting this is. My doctor tells me to not do what ocd tells me to do, but it's just extremely hard.

for example,
    “I was planning what to say just in case he says something”

“I was thinking what to say if he said something”

basically thats it. all day yesterday and today. now one of those probably surpassed 6 and 7 so it says its something bad and or good.

I said I will only do it once a day. so tomorrow as well. but im thinking not too.

How to deal with ocd?

2. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

I also have ocd, i do understand. Try dr schubiners unlearn your pain. He mentions OCD and is saying to treat it like tms. and also he does talk about those fearful thoughts. Try to dont take your thoughts searious, let them float by. Mindfullness is very helpfull to learn. Yesterday i was ruminating over something so badly, i couldnt stop lol

stevow7 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Sigh.

@stevow7, you've been asking variations of the same question for a long time, but you've never done the work.

Many of us with TMS also have or have had symptoms of OCD to a greater or lesser degree. However, severe and disabling OCD is a mental disorder that is beyond typical TMS.

I believe that what you need to do is clearly in this other thread you recently started. Two members gave you excellent responses, which you did not acknowledge:
    https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/is-medication-forever.26667/ (Is medication forever?)

Continuing to obsessively post here without taking anyone's advice is just another symptom of your OCD exerting itself and controlling you. Please get help.

4. stevow7

Will try to check on that thanks!

gx92 likes this.
  5. stevow7

I did checked before. which the posters are helpful with medication, but I find it hard to actually go and see how to control myself or how to deal with it. I already have meds. but thanks I appreciate your response