1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Inspirational Video

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Explorer, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Explorer

Explorer Well known member

Folks:

Have a look at the Utube video. Very inspiring....

You may have to paste it into your browser.

This story really resonates with me. Back in July my husband and I were on a date in town, it was a beautiful night and he asked if I wanted to walk around. I was in so much pain I was shaking all over. Of course we headed back tot he car. I was so sad and upset.

Today I am working out at the gym and healing more and more every day.

Don't give up!

Susan

breakfree, Anna1, Lala and 1 other person like this.
  2. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Yours is an awesome story Susan! I also saw that video yesterday which a friend sent me. It does pull the heart strings.

3. spiralgirl1

spiralgirl1 Peer Supporter

You are doing so well Susan.. well done ... and thanks for the link to this inspiring video .. what an amazing man..
    :)

4. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Susan, Fantastic you're doing gym work! I loved this video, it really put things in perspective for me. It seems like anything can change if we put our minds to it.

Cheers, Terry

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow! Amazing. So very inspirational.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

very good video-thanks explorer
    i took time off from exercise -now back to it

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Yes, the video is very inspirational.

8. Explorer

Hi Walt:

I thouht so too. It should be titled, NEVER listen to your doctors. I've met so many people as I go through my TMS journey that are suffering at the hands of their docs. My neighbor told me the doctor told her she has hip issues and should not walk more that five minutes at a time. Can you believe it?

How are you doing?

Susan

Anna1 likes this.
  9. Explorer

Hi Eric, Terry, Spiralgirl and Enrique:

It was hard for me to get back to exercise as well. When I first went back to the gym I was only there for 20 minutes and left in tears.

I know it's the key to working off some of the excess energy I have that causes my emotional response to spiral and then my TMS kicks in.

I am thinking about doing a triathelon in May called the Diva. It's very short, however, I am afraid of the swimming part. It's not that I can't swim, but the event is in a near by river and I am sure it is at least a little polluted. LOL

Enrique - I can't wait to run again. Still very gun shy or it.

Terry - how is your walking going?

Eric - I think I am over the hump. :)

Glad you all liked the video!

-Susan

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

It's really awful how many doctors give such bad advice. Or suggest operations and give strong pain killers.
    Since my back began hurting I haven't told my doctor, for those reasons.
    I'm believing in TMS. The progress is slow but I have faith it will lead me into being pain free.
    You and others in the forums are such a big help. TMS Wiki has become my "Facebook."

Maybe my subconscious is near to giving up on me, because its been giving me more pain today.
    That does go away when I yell at it. I hope we can share complete success stories soon.

My next door neighbor is a vice president of a pharmaceutical conglomeration.
    He's a nice guy, married and with two sweet small kids, but it isn't easy for me to forgive
    him for being in such an occupation.

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Your mentioning that doctor reminded me...
    I used to walk my dog with a woman whose husband was head of heart surgery for a major hospital
    and she bragged to me that one of the surgical procedures he did was not necessary but he got $500
    each time he did it. I wanted my dog to bite her where the sun never shines.

12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric - I think I am over the hump. :)

you are over the hump-just keep doing the work-you will get better and better
    you stayed the course-you have done the work and you continue to do the work-
    although we never put time limits-i can tell your close-keep at it-

think about it-look where you have come from-you can get a healing well before you r ever really transformed in your peronalit y conditioning-reactions-stressors and the like but you can finish that as time goes by-
    we have learnt our whole lives to not think the way were beginning to think now and be able to wrap our minds around it-the truth

go for the triathlon if you feel its good for you-im like you-id be thinking about pollutants too,
    anyways god bless and good luck on your endeavors-theres more adventures everywhere-and adventures are loads of release

13. Eric "Herbie" Watson

hey walt -yea buddie -the tms is trying to fight you-it know your on to it
    keep at it-dont let the days of pain give in-it will cease-soon-you told me
    you had a good day the other day-so now youll have good days and bad and then you ll have
    good days more than bad then itll be like 5 outts 7 days will be good and 2 bad-
    then youll start feeling it weeks at a time-then a setback or two-then youll heal my friend-
    then youll heal all at once and youll know how to keep pain outta your body-
    youll have to continue with your personality traits and conditiong and reactions to stressors-
    we have a blessing that cant be denied

14. Anna1

Anna1 Peer Supporter

What a beautiful video, I'm moved to tears. Also by your strength. You will get there Susan!!!

15. Explorer

Thank Eric - a little at a time. I am completely outcome independent. Trying to take one day at a time. And you are correct, the personality changes are clear but I see some bad habits creeping in again. Such as getting stressed with my teenagers. Thanks for being there.

Walt - hang in there. And please don't let your dog bit anyone. :) That will ensure more TMS. LOL. I thought I wanted to get a puppy as our dog went down last Feb. Then I puppy sat a few weeks again and realized, WOW, this is hard work.

Ruth - I love that video. I can watch it over and over. I wish some of the TMSers, including me, shot videos such as that one. So super inspiring!